Pages

Quote of the Month

"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them? You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor."

~Psalm 8: 3-5, The Holy Bible (NIV)


Saturday, April 30, 2011

Time

Time is flying by so quickly. I guess I didn't realize until I got on my facebook account that there are only 98 days left for me to be Rachael Davis. After those 98 days I will be Rachael Carmine. Marriage is a huge commitment. It's a life long friendship. The only thing that could take me away from it is death. But, that is not going to happen for a while, I hope. God can take me home when he feels it's time for me to go. It's the same way with Sean. That's why I like the phrase, "Until death do us part." It reminds me that we are not permanently on this earth. This is not our only home. Really it's like we're just passing through on our way home. We have to make every day count. Every breath that we take is a gift from God. Time goes by so quickly. It is an amazingly curious thing. It is only a concept, time is. If you really think about it. When did time start? How did we, humanity, figure out how long a minute, or a hour is? Why do we tend to run out of time? There are so many questions regarding time. Why not take the time to be with God? He can help us take time to stop and smell the roses. He can help us realize that we are not permanent. We are only a vapor. It's only a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forgiveness: Matthew West

Forgiveness: Matthew West
(click the pic)