Pages

Quote of the Month

"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them? You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor."

~Psalm 8: 3-5, The Holy Bible (NIV)


Thursday, March 14, 2013

Time and Expression

   The time has come and gone so quickly. The last time I wrote a post, it was the summer of 2012. It will be spring of 2013 next Wednesday. At school, my research team and I are working on our SCE Project (Senior Culminating Experience). Our research is on music and perception. Our idea is that music can have an effect on a person's perception of another's physical attractiveness. We have written our proposal for our research and obtained permission from the University of Mount Union's IRB to carry out our research. About a month ago, we started gathering data. Once the final paper is written with all of the data analyzed, I will post the final paper and I hope to one day see it published. That would be a wonderful accomplishment. I am sad to say that through this process, I have, until tonight, lost sight of why I wanted to be a music therapist. I need to start writing and posting on here again.
  On a happier note, I have recently discovered that I am a nerd! I found out that I have a love for the shows Dr. Who and Torchwood. These two shows have led to my recent infatuation with Dr. John Barrowman. After finding out that he has an honorary doctorate in Drama, I wish I would have addressed the email I sent to him/his fan mail a bit differently. He is a performer of all sorts of art and he is amazing at what he does. I am absolutely in love with, not just his voice, but his ability to project his emotion though each and every piece he performs. I wish that I could meet him and learn from him. If I were to do anything in my life that involves my growing passion for art, it would be to learn from him. If you know me, you know that my favorite composer is Eric Whitacre. You might ask why I wouldn't want to meet and learn from him. My answer would be even though I believe Eric Whitacre to be a musical genius, his compositions are breath taking, I am more interested in being able to bring the audience I perform for on an emotional roller coaster with each and every piece though visual facial expression. I wish Dr. John Barrowman would be able to  teach me this. It has been said that a picture is worth 1,000 words. How many words would a physical facial expression of any emotion be worth?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forgiveness: Matthew West

Forgiveness: Matthew West
(click the pic)