Pages

Quote of the Month

"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them? You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor."

~Psalm 8: 3-5, The Holy Bible (NIV)


Saturday, April 6, 2013

Always A Cadence

I suppose I've never wrote why I chose the phrase "always a cadence" as the address for my blog. Well I guess first I have to describe what exactly a cadence is. In music, a cadence is a progression of chords that come to a harmonic close. Now, there are many different kinds of cadences, so the act of coming to a harmonic close is not always the case. In life, there are things; events, relationships, etc. that change, or perhaps come to a close, but there is only one final cadence for all of us. When our song is at its final end. Until that time comes, there is always a cadence that keeps our songs moving, progressing forward. Whatever happens during our songs should not be forgotten. We need to remember it and hear the beauty in it. Even though, the rhythm of our songs might change, (or progress through a cadence), our songs still go on. If anyone ever reads this blog, I want you to remember that no matter where you're at in your song, there is always a cadence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forgiveness: Matthew West

Forgiveness: Matthew West
(click the pic)